Write For Us
Here at mental_floss, we look for new writers and fresh story ideas all the time, but it's a cold, hard look. To fulfill our mission to educate and entertain, we want more than the best--we want the bestest. Please send your bestest pitch to email@example.com.
In your pitch, be sure to
- Write in the style of the magazine
- Clearly state the angle of your story
- Give us a sense of its length and structure
- Explain how you intend to report the story, including any sources you plan to contact
- Tell us about yourself and your experience
- Come up with a working title for your article, and include it as the subject line of the email
Disclaimer: Boring but Necessary: Please Read!!
Hey, have you heard the story about the time that President Taft got stuck in the White House bathtub? So have we!
Here at mental_floss, we get thousands of article ideas pitched to us. And often we see very similar pitches from from multiple writers. But here's the thing: we're in the business of education, not thievery. So, if you send us an article idea on presidential history, and the next month we run a story on the presidents, please know that we didn't steal your idea ... we just heard it from another writer.