Moviegoers Can Catch Free Screenings of ‘Hidden Figures’ This Weekend
21st Century Fox/Fandango
Since premiering at the end of last year, Hidden Figures has made a major impact on Hollywood. The movie earned three Oscar nominations, including a nod for Best Picture. And after surpassing La La Land at the box office on February 6, it became the high-grossing Best Picture nominee of the year.
If you’ve yet to see the film despite all the buzz it has received, AMC Theaters and 21st Century Fox are teaming up to offer you an opportunity to see it for free: On Saturday, February 18, moviegoers in select markets across the country will be treated to complimentary screenings of Hidden Figures, Entertainment Weekly reports.
The movie, which tells the story of three black, female NASA mathematicians who helped to send John Glenn into space in 1962, will be shown for free in celebration of Black History Month. The film stars Taraji P. Henson as Katherine Johnson, Janelle Monáe as Mary Jackson, and Octavia Spencer as Dorothy Vaughan. Spencer received a Best Supporting Actress nomination for her performance.
The limited promotion is coming to theaters in 14 cities, including Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. Groups and individuals can reserve tickets on a first-come, first-served basis at AMC's website. If you don’t see a location near you on the list below, you can request additional screenings for your school, community group, or nonprofit organization here.
- AMC Southbay Galleria 16, Rodondo Beach, CA (LA)
- AMC Aventura 24, Aventura, FL (Miami)
- AMC Southlake Pavilion 24 (Atlanta)
- AMC Ford City 14 (Chicago)
- AMC Westbank Palace 16 (New Orleans)
- AMC White Marsh 16 (Baltimore)
- AMC MJ Capital Center 12 (D.C.)
- AMC Southfield 20 (Detroit)
- AMC Esquire 7 (St. Louis)
- AMC Cherry Hill 24 (Philadelphia market)
- AMC Bay Plaza 13 (NYC)
- AMC Mesquite 20 (Dallas-Ft. Worth)
- AMC Bay Street 16 (Oakland)
- AMC Carolina Pavilion 22 (Charlotte)
[h/t Entertainment Weekly]