Candles can be expensive, so it’s a bummer when you can’t use them anymore. Every so often, a wick will get buried in the wax, making it impossible to light. Sure, you can dig it out with some scissors or the end of a fork, but that’s not the most elegant fix for your favorite candle. There’s a better method, one endorsed by eHowhome. You just need to melt some wax off the top.
If you’ve got a long reach lighter, just hold it over the surface of the candle until enough wax melts to expose the wick. This may take a few tries, but persevere. Your wick will eventually be available and ready to use.