What Tattered Article of Clothing Do You Refuse to Throw Away?
After a summer hiatus, Friday Happy Hour is back for an eighth year! Each week the mental_floss staff gets together (in Slack) to come up with a bunch of unrelated questions. Your answers help get us through the afternoon. Answer one, answer all, or ask your own question. On to this week's topics...
1. What tattered article of clothing do you refuse to throw away? (Jake)
2. Let's go back to the golden age of instant messaging (AOL/AIM/ICQ). How did you come up with your first screen name? (Shaunacy)
3. What's your favorite terrible joke? (Chloe)
4. What is the last TV show you binge watched? Do you recommend it? (Lucy)
5. What's the last book you gave up on in the middle? (Jen P.)
6. Which celebrity passing had the biggest impact on you? (Jake)
7. If your life were a music video, what would be the accompanying song? (Beth Anne)
8. What's the most embarrassing song on your phone? (April)
9. Here's one for anyone with little kids, works with little kids, or just hangs out with little kids. What simple yet hard-to-answer questions have you been asked? That's the idea behind our new series WHY? by our senior science editor Jen Pinkowski. Why is the sky blue? Why do I have to go to sleep? If you have an idea for a question, we'll try to answer it in a future installment and credit you/the kid in the intro. (Jason)
10. In a very early Friday Happy Hour way back in 2007, I shared a comment from a reader named Allison, who said, "It's like being at a party where EVERYONE is interesting, and I get the feeling that I can join the conversation too." In that spirit, the last question is always a place for you to come up with your own (better) questions. Have a great weekend!