Game of Thrones Star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Was Almost Sued by HBO Over Prank Involving His Hair

Helen Sloan, HBO
Helen Sloan, HBO

Ser Jaime Lannister almost found himself in deep trouble with HBO after a seemingly innocent prank.

While speaking to Digital Spy, Game of Thrones star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, explained why he was almost sued by the network. "There'd been a lot of talk about Jaime's hair in the early seasons—his long golden locks,” he said. “Once he lost his hand, I thought he should maybe have a haircut. And then I thought, 'Why don't I just pretend?'”

That led to an elaborate prank, in which Coster-Waldau convinced everyone he needed to get rid of his hair for personal reasons. "This is five, six seasons ago—I sent them an old picture where I had a buzz cut,” he continued. “I sent a long letter where I explained I'd taken control of my character and I want to be respected. I said that my integrity as an artist was at stake!"

Ultimately, the joke didn't go over so well. "I was in the car from the airport. The first AD said, 'Do you have any hair?' Then he explained how poor Kevin—who is the head of hair—had been frantically trying to build a wig with what he had, which wasn't a lot,” Coster-Waldau recalled. "I said, 'It's just a joke! Did you really believe?' They all believed it. They'd also called my manager. HBO had started to talk about suing me and it had gotten out of control,” the actor said.

What might have seemed like a silly joke to the actor proves how seriously everything is taken on the set of one of TV’s most popular shows. The world will see what becomes of Jaime Lannister when Game of Thrones returns this Sunday.

The Office Star Angela Kinsey Would Love to Do a Reunion Special

Emma McIntyre / Getty Images
Emma McIntyre / Getty Images

Whenever a classic TV show is brought back for a revival, it usually splits the fanbase in half. While some people are happy to see their favorite characters return, others are worried about the series coming back in lackluster fashion. And when it comes to the idea of a potential reboot of The Office, the series' cast is just as split.

Steve Carell has been very public about not wanting NBC to bring the show back, but Angela Kinsey is siding with co-stars John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, and Ellie Kemper about welcoming a potential return to Scranton. The 48-year-old actress, who portrayed Angela Martin on the series, recently spoke with PopCulture.com, confirming she’d love to revisit the show.

"I would definitely be up for a reunion," Kinsey said. "I know a few cast members have talked about a special reunion episode to see where everyone is at. I would love that!"

Although many are torn on the idea of bringing The Office back, most fans would certainly be curious enoug to tune in and see what's going on with the Dunder Mifflin crew. Kinsey is no exception, saying, “I would love to know where these people are! I loved the show, I still love the show. I think it really holds up. I'm so thrilled that new audiences are finding it, so I would love that!"

Will it ever happen? It's hard to say. But while we wait to see if any official announcement is made, you can at least still binge The Office on Netflix and try to imagine what creepy thing Cousin Mose is doing these days.

[h/t PopCulture.com]

Harry Potter Fans Don’t Want to See the Movies Rebooted, Surprising No One

© 2011 Warner Bros. Harry Potter Publishing Rights (c) J.K. Rowling
© 2011 Warner Bros. Harry Potter Publishing Rights (c) J.K. Rowling

Although the Harry Potter franchise has one of the most dedicated fan bases in the world, that doesn’t mean fans are ready to see the series rebooted just yet. Yes, that would mean more movies to feed one’s obsession, but the general consensus is that it would be entirely too soon. Don’t believe us? A new poll might just prove it.

ComingSoon.net asked more than 2000 Potterheads if Warner Bros. should reboot the Harry Potter movie series, and a whopping 72 percent said they’re against it. The website also asked fans if reboots were made, how they should be done. Of those polled, 41 percent voted for it to be a direct sequel about Harry’s son, 35 percent voted for a spinoff TV series, 13 percent wanted another Fantastic Beasts spinoff, and a measly 11 percent showed support for a remake of all eight original films.

While it doesn’t look like a reboot will be in the works anytime soon (J.K. Rowling’s representatives just debunked a report about a TV series), that doesn’t mean it’s impossible for the future. Even star Daniel Radcliffe has entertained the idea, saying he believes he won’t be the last Potter portrayal he’ll see in his lifetime. But as long as Rowling and fans are against it, we probably won’t have to worry about it for a while.

SECTIONS

arrow
LIVE SMARTER