I'm a podcast pusher. I can't imagine my commute without them, and if I care about you, I can't imagine your commute without them either. I'm loyal to some major brands in the audio entertainment world, but even if you're not a fan of sports or popular culture, there's probably a podcast out there that's right up your alley.
1. The Pen Addict: Brad Dowdy and Myke Hurley can spend upwards of an hour talking about the humble writing device. And, if you really want, you can spend as much time listening to them.
2. Anderson Pen Podcast: That's right, there are two separate podcasts dedicated entirely to pens.
3. Erasable: Maybe good, old-fashioned pencils are your writing implement of choice. There's a podcast for that, too.
4. Knitting Pretty Podcast: This is far from the only knitting podcast out there, but it's one of the few I came across with a "parental advisory" for explicit content, if that's your style.
5. Katie's Quilting Corner: In the category of lesser represented textile hobbies.
6. My Little Pony Talk: They're already up to 204 episodes on the subject.
7. How Rude! The Full House Podcast: There are plenty of places to go if you want to read or listen to recaps of current shows, but personally I think there should be more pods dedicated to sitcoms of the '90s.
8. Founding Fathers Stories: Fun facts and quirky stories about your George, Ben and the rest of the Founding Fathers. Also possible fodder for future mental_floss stories...
9. Geneology Girl Talks: Tips and tricks for unraveling your family history.
10. Getting Felt Up — A Puppetry Podcast: Points for puns. Points for puppets.
11. Star Wars Minute: A podcast where they talk about Star Wars—one minute at a time.