image credit: Cary Norton
Like us on Facebook
As I mentioned yesterday, we're excited to be part of the Fiesta Movement. For our first mission, I headed down to Philadelphia's Pizza Brain, the world's first pizza museum. Here are some of the things I saw and learned.
1. Pizza Brain is home to the world's largest collection of pizza-related items.
2. One of the least appetizing of those items: Pizza Hut Perfume.
3. The Noid is prominently featured.
4. In 1989, Kenneth Noid became convinced that Domino’s “Avoid the Noid” campaign was a personal attack on him. He held two employees of an Atlanta Domino’s hostage for hours. He demanded a pizza, $100,000, a getaway car and a book about secret societies.
5. You'll get a healthy dose of TMNT.
6. Two and a Half Men creator Chuck Lorre co-wrote the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme song.
7. Uncle Phil from The Fresh Prince was the voice of Shredder in the TMNT cartoon.
8. A lot of pizza-related music apparently exists.
9. Around back, you'll find this mural.
10. Lots of random stuff hiding in drawers.
11. You can eat at the pizza museum, too.
12. I wasn't sure what museum-quality pizza would taste like, but it was pretty great.
13. Also: Moxie! Moxie is the official soft drink of Maine.
14. People are starting to mail in pizza memorabilia. Like this.
15. Famous people, too! Like John K, creator of Ren & Stimpy.
16. And Nancy Cartwright from The Simpsons. A signed script!
17. Hollywood managed to part with this promotional box for Joey.
18. Pizza-themed comics!
19. Pizza-themed high-brow magazines!
20. And even Luigi from The Simpsons!
21. One thing missing: Book-it! But the Pizza Hut people sent us some. I'll be donating these pins (but keeping the t-shirt).
In case you missed it, here's our chat with the co-visionaries of Pizza Brain.
June 19, 2013 - 12:36am