What Spelling Bee Word Tripped You Up?
On Fridays, we post a series of unrelated questions meant to spark conversation in the comments. Answer one, answer all, respond to someone else’s reply, ask a completely unrelated question to the group. Whatever you want! On to this week’s topics of discussion…
1. Let's revisit your spelling bee career. I clearly remember misspelling "champagne" at Lakeview Elementary in 1989, which nearly drove me to drink. What word knocked you out of your school's spelling bee? If you never missed a word and are typing this beside a giant spelling bee trophy, you're entitled to a little gloating.
2. What's the last thing you Googled? (Mine is "where are they now spelling bee champions," which led me to this.)
3. Who was the most famous person to graduate from your high school?
4. What's a topic you'd like to see us tackle in a future edition of "12 Things You Might Not Know About ________"? Books, voice actors, condiments, Lafayette College, what-have-you.
5. And now I'll throw it open to you guys. If you have a question for your fellow _flossers, ask away!
Want to suggest a question for a future Friday Happy Hour? Let's discuss it on Twitter (@EnglishJason).