Welcome to Trailer Thursday, where we help you decide what to do with your Friday night. Here’s what’s coming out tomorrow:
Halle Berry plays a 911 operator trying to thwart a serial killer before he can make the girl from Little Miss Sunshine his next victim.
Go see it if:
- You liked Taken.
- You would enjoy Taken even without Liam Neeson’s badassery.
- You’re a fan of Fringe—director Brad Anderson also directed 12 episodes of the cult sci-fi show.
- You remember that Halle Berry suffered a head injury while filming this last summer and want to see the stunt that caused it.
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone
Here’s most of what you need to know about Wonderstone: Steve Carell is an overdramatic, over-tanned magician a la David Copperfield (who actually served as a consultant for the movie). And though we all love Steve Buscemi as crime boss Nucky Thompson, it’s always delightful to see him revisit his ridiculous side, which he’s definitely doing as the Roy to Carell’s Siegfried. Then there’s Jim Carrey as Wonderstone’s nemesis, sort of a mystic Criss Angel/David Blaine hybrid.
Sign me up, if not just for all of the fabulous hair.
Go see it if:
- You liked Walk Hard.
- Getting invited to the Magic Castle is on your Bucket List.
- You still have a thing for Sam Weir from Freaks and Geeks. John Francis Daley, the actor who played him, co-wrote the script.
Love this faux promo for Burt Wonderstone and Anton Marvelton's act at Bally's. Every ticket comes with a free breakfast buffet!