To end the Brain Game week, here's a logic puzzle. Adept solvers might get this one without a grid, but it'll be necessary for most of us. Good luck!
John went to the produce department at his local supermarket to buy the items on his grocery list: bananas, carrots, corn, lemons, and tangerines. Based on the clues that follow, try to determine the order in which John made his choices:
1. The first item John bought was a yellow fruit.
2. The second item John bought was orange.
3. The third item John bought was a vegetable.
4. The fourth item John bought was a citrus fruit.
5. The last item John bought was the tangerine.
John bought the bananas first, followed by the carrots, the corn, the lemons, and the tangerines.