We're Looking for a Few Good Interns!
We could use a few extra hands around here. If you’re especially talented, looking for something to do this upcoming semester, and willing to work for college credit, this job's for you.
Our interns won’t be getting our coffee. Instead, they’ll be contributing articles and quizzes to mentalfloss.com, researching, proofreading, editing, and spreading the word about the _floss. Plus various not-so-glamorous administrative tasks. (But no coffee fetching. Scout’s honor.)
How to Apply
Declare your candidacy by sending an email to email@example.com before 11:59pm Eastern Time on Friday, December 28. In your email, include the following:
1. Tell us about yourself (in a few paragraphs).
2. Tell us why you’d make a great mental_floss intern (if you’re not a writer but feel you’d be able to make a contribution in another way, make your case.)
3. Tell us when you can start and how many days a week you can work.
4. Come up with one great story idea, with a one-paragraph summary.
5. Come up with three ideas for timed quizzes (for example, “Name All 50 State Capitals in 10 Minutes” or “Name the Cosby Kids in 1 Minute”). Even if you don’t land this internship, we might use your quiz idea — and if we do, you’ll get your name in pixels on the quiz banner and we’ll send you a mental_floss t-shirt.
6. Attach your resume and whatever clips you’d like us to read.
You must be enrolled in college and be able to receive school credit. The internship will begin in January and go through May or June. Oh, and remember when I said we needed help “around here” in the first paragraph? That’s not necessarily true. Almost all our past interns have worked remotely, from wherever they happened to be—but ideally, you’d be available three days a week to help us out.