10 Questions From the U.S. Naturalization Test
© Andrew Lichtenstein/Corbis
Could you pass the civics portion of the U.S. citizenship test? Applicants must answer 6 of 10 questions correctly (out of 100 different possible questions). Here are some sample questions taken from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services official website:
1. How many amendments does the Constitution have?
2. What is the economic system in the United States?
3. Name your U.S. Representative.
4. What are two Cabinet-level positions?
5. Who is the Chief Justice of the United States now?
6. Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived?
7. The Federalist Papers supported the passage of the U.S. Constitution. Name ONE of the writers.
8. What is ONE thing Benjamin Franklin is famous for?
9. Before he was President, Eisenhower was a general. What war was he in?
10. What did Susan B. Anthony do?
© Jeff Spielman/Corbis
1. 27; 2. capitalist economy/market economy; 3. answers will vary; 4. Any two: Secretary of Agriculture ? Secretary of Commerce ? Secretary of Defense ? Secretary of Education ? Secretary of Energy
? Secretary of Health and Human Services ? Secretary of Homeland Security ? Secretary of Housing and Urban Development ? Secretary of the Interior ? Secretary of Labor ? Secretary of State ? Secretary of Transportation ? Secretary of the Treasury ? Secretary of Veterans Affairs ? Attorney General ? Vice President; 5. John Roberts; 6. Native Americans/American Indians; 7. James Madison ? Alexander Hamilton ? John Jay ? Publius; 8. U.S. diplomat ? oldest member of the Constitutional Convention ? first Postmaster General of the United States ? writer of “Poor Richard’s Almanac” ? started the first free libraries. 9. World War II; 10. fought for women’s rights/fought for civil rights.
How'd you do?