The Quick 10: 10 Cool Harry Potter Costumes
With the first half of Deathly Hallows coming out this week, I bet there are lots of Potterphiles out there who already have their tickets for the midnight showing. I haven't been to one, but I hear people get all decked out in their HP finest. In fact, I know they do - there's photo evidence! Here are some of the very original costumes people have come up with for past book releases, movie releases and cosplay.
1. Full disclosure: I know this tiny wizard. But I think you’ll agree that he’s right up there with the cutest Harry look-a-likes I have ever seen. I’m especially fond of his wooden spoon wand.
2. I vote for this Luna Lovegood because she went beyond the typical radish earrings and even fashioned herself a roaring lion hat – the better to support her favorite Gryffindor Quidditch players, of course. This one is also pretty great. Photo by Flickr user furiosity.
3. A pretty convincing Bellatrix LeStrange - she has the crazed look down nicely.
4. This librarian made a spot-on Dolores Umbridge outfit for the midnight book release in 2007. The real Dolores, Imelda Staunton, is on the right (just in case you weren't sure).
5. I'd say this is one of the more creative costumes - a Golden Snitch. Photo by Aitak Salempour from the IMAX Sydney website.
7. and 8. Dumbledore is not unexpected, but his phoenix Fawkes is a nice touch.
9. I like that this is not just Sirius Black, but Sirius Black's wanted poster. Photo by five_by_five.
10. Zombie Hermione. There's actually a whole zombie Harry Potter cosplay - who knew? Check out the whole undead gang here.