The Quick 10: Our 10 Favorite Mr. Potato Heads
You have to love when a company has a sense of humor about its products… and when your product is Mr. Potato Head, how can you not? In recent years, Hasbro has been coming up with funny nicknames for some of the special edition Potato Heads. Here are some of our favorites:
1. Optimash Prime. There’s also Bumble Spud, but that’s not nearly as clever.
2. Tony Starch, Iron Man’s veggie alter ego, of course.
3. Taters of the Lost Ark. Also known in some sets as Idaho Jones, this one is the Indiana Jones Potato Head that comes complete with Potato Golden Idol, whip, and Indy’s (Ida’s?) ever-present fedora, which plays his theme music.
4. Spud Lightyear. To the Fryolater… and beyond!
And my favorites from the Star Wars set:
5. Darth Tater. He would be even cooler if he was super pale under the helmet.
6. Mashter Yoda.
7. Yam Solo.
8. Luke Frywalker.
9 and 10. C-3PotatO and Artoo-Potatoo. Artoo even comes with a holographic Princess Leia (AKA Princess Tater).
They’ve just recently released an Elvis Live! Potato Head, but it doesn't seem to have a clever name. Perhaps you guys can give them ideas for the next one – I hear a black-leather-clad Elvis from his younger days is due out at Christmas. What should they name it? There’s an Elvis Potato Head in it for the person who comes up with our favorite name…