According to the author of a new biography on Warren Beatty, he's slept with nearly 13,000 women. Warren denies that the number is that high, but compared to other philanderers, 13,000 isn't even that many. Here are a few other men who claim they have spent more time in bed than out of it.
1. Warren Beatty. We'll start with Warren himself. This new biography says Beatty, erm, "charmed" almost 13,000 women. Before you bust out the calculator, here's the math. Beatty claims he didn't get started until he was 20, and if you consider that he got married to Annette Bening in 1992 at the age of 55, that's about 371 women a year. Right? Someone check my math; it's never been my strong point. And if he and Annette have an open relationship, that's about 250 women a year. Warren has denied the number through his publicist, saying, "Other media should not repeat things from the book on the assumption that they are true or that the book is an authorized biography."
2. Lord Byron. We don't have a number for him, but by one account, he slept with more than 250 women in Venice, Italy, in just one year. Some reports say he even bedded his own half sister and some distant cousins. Apparently he kept mementos from the ladies he slept with - locks of their pubic hair. He kept the locks in individual envelopes; the last we knew, the cache was being stored with his publishing house in London in the 1980s.
3. Wilt Chamberlain himself says he slept with 20,000 women. "At my age, that equals out to 1.2 women a day, every day since I was 15 years old," he wrote in his 1991 biography. Right. He says that none of the women were married and that he made an effort to find out if they were before pursuing them.
4. Gene Simmons claimed his number is more than 4,600 and he can prove it - he has taken pictures of each and every one. "Esquire magazine has just tried to prove empirically that this was physically impossible," he said. "But they had to admit that it works. In addition, it's true. I'm honest and show my girlfriends this photo album."
5. Magic Johnson estimates he has slept with more than 1,000 women, but has said that it was so many he lost count and had no idea which one of his trysts infected him with HIV, which he announced in 1991.
6. Jack Nicholson once mused that he believes he has slept with more than 2,000 women, give or take a few, but he's not one to name names. His 16-year relationship with Anjelica Huston allegedly ended when his other girlfriend, Rebecca Broussard, became pregnant with the first of their two kids together.
7. Umberto Billo. Never heard of him? You're not alone. He's not rich and famous - he' s just a porter at the Venetian hotel in Las Vegas. He claims that in his three years of employment at the hotel, he slept with about 8,000 women just by asking them at the check in counter. When he was fired for being too tired to carry luggage, one businesswoman stated, "I must have spent thousands in the hotel because of him."
8. Fidel Castro. Talk about the unexpected, right? A 2008 documentary claimed that the Cuban leader slept with at least two women a day for about 40 years, and sometimes snuck in a third at dinner. The source behind the leak, a former Castro official, said, "I don't think he would have stayed on for as long as he did if not for all the incredible women he had access to as president."
9. Charlie Sheen. In 2002, Sheen said he was up to more than 5,000 women.
10. Giacomo Casanova. The original lover boy barely slept with any women, compared to the other men on this list - his memoirs listed a mere 122 affairs with women (and alluded to a few with men as well).
Is there anyone else that should be on the list? There's always Hef - he vaguely says he's slept with "thousands" of women, and claims, "They all still like me."