The Quick 10: 10 Mascots You Didn't Know the Names Of
We see them day in and day out and often bring them into our homes to hang out with our families... but we don't even know their real names. Tsk. Well, now you'll be more familiar with the mascots you stock your cupboards with or see on T.V. every day "“ here are the not-so-well known names of 10 advertising characters.
1. Jovny the Vlasic Stork. This is kind of a rumor, actually. You'll find plenty of sites that reference the Stork's name, but if you visit the "Meet the Stork" section on the company's website, there's no mention of a name at all. I've got an inquiry into Vlasic; I'll be sure to let you know if I hear. UPDATE: I did receive a response from Vlasic, but it was totally canned and didn't address the issue of the Stork's name at all. So at this point, I guess it's still speculation!
2. Bibendum the Michelin Man.
3. Captain Horatio Magellan Crunch.
4. Martin the GEICO gecko (created by the Martin agency, no less).
5. Mrs. Joy Butterworth.
6. Rastus the Cream of Wheat guy.
7. Sascha the Hamm's Beer bear.
8. Gidget the Taco Bell Chihuahua.
9. Lorraine the Sun-Maid Raisin girl. At least, that's the name of the girl who posed for the company. You can read about her interesting tale on the Sun-Maid site.
10. Mr. Six, the creepy Six Flags dancing guy.
Are there any you've always wondered about? Some of them simply don't have names as far as I can tell, but I'll certainly investigate and do a sequel if there are any you're dying to know about.