In case you weren't obsessively refreshing mentalfloss.com all week, here's what you missed:
Top 5 Stories Originally Posted This Week
1. 8 Bookstore Cats, by Miss Cellania
2. Sly Stallone Pudding & 7 More Unique Celebrity Products, by Mario Marsicano
3. 6 Lost Works That Finally Turned Up, by Adrienne Crezo
4. 8 Library Cats, by Miss Cellania
5. Where Are They Now? Dot-Com CEOs, by Mario Marsicano
Top 5 Most Commented Stories
1. What Was Your Clique? by David Israel
2. Who Was Your Favorite Teacher? by Ransom Riggs
3. The Quick 10: 10 Variations on Tetris, by Stacy Conradt
4. The Quick 10: It Was 42 Years Ago Today..., by Stacy Conradt
5. A Brief History of Music Television, by Kara Kovalchik
[New Rule: Stories on the 'Most Popular' list have been omitted from the 'Most Commented' chart.]
Top 3 Quizzes Originally Posted This Week
Top-Selling T-Shirt in Our Store
We had a minor upset this week. "Pluto: Revolve in Peace" knocked "Hokey Pokey Anonymous" out of first place for the first time in a month. You can get both shirts here "“ and get 15% off when you use the code DAD before checkout.
5 Other Things We Learned
1. The difference between Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
2. How globes are made.
3. Sisters are scientifically better than brothers.
4. Bob Dole was a soda jerk.
5. Daniel Wilson is a trivia whiz.
For more important life lessons, follow the _floss on Twitter. Well, maybe not life lessons. But we'll tell you who developed nicotine gum.