$50 Challenge: May/June
Using the current issue (May/June) of mental_floss magazine, submit the answers to all 10 of the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
01. The marine biologist (and fluid dynamics expert) who discovered the "tubercle effect" has a name befitting his field of study. What is his name?
02. Edgecomb, Maine, has the honor of hosting the jewels—and ghost—of what European royal?
03. Strippers average almost twice as much in tips per shift when ovulating than when their time of peak fertility has passed, according to a recent study. How much did the strippers in the study average per shift when they were ovulating?
04. When they became unable to eat solid foods, which two famed American businessmen (who also share a first name) added wet nurses to their staffs?
05. After being bombarded by 400 Molotov cocktails, pirates retreated—with one asking for footwear to protect his feet from the broken glass—from what Chinese ship?
06. Vatican City's crime rate is the highest crime rate in the world. How many crimes per citizen occur in the tiny country?
07. Known as "the rocket to the rooftop of the world," what train provides personal oxygen canisters to every passenger?
08. In 1924, who served as Harry Houdini's ghostwriter for a short story published in Weird Tales magazine?
09. What event involved grown men running 50 meters while clenching raw bull testicles in their teeth?
10. Only one contributor in the magazine sports a hat. Who is it and what does her/his hat say?