I'm not a champion Scrabble player by any means. I often resort to words like "at" and "it" just to use up a turn. But with this list, hopefully I'll be a little more creative when using tiny little words. And if all else fails, there's always "ZQFMGB"... a worm found in New Guinea, according to Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes.
1. Aa "“ And I don't mean the acronym for Alcoholics Anonymous, either. Aa is "basaltic lava having a rough surface."
2. Qat "“ A flowering plant native to East Africa and the Arabian peninsula.
3. Zax "“ A slater or slate mason, or the tool used to cut and punch nail holes in roofing slate.
4. Cwm "“ a valley, especially one created by glacial movement. Be warned: this one won't get you many points, but it is good for using up pesky, low-score consonants taking up valuable space on your rack.
5. Xu "“ Vietnamese money.
6. Qua "“ as or as being, or in the character of.
7. Suq "“ a market, or part of a market, in an Arab city.
8. Adz "“ an axe-like tool.
9. Jo "“ sweetheart or dear.
10. Qadi "“ a judge in the Muslim community.
A Scrabble Quiz by Sandy Wood & Kara Kovalchi