G4's The Feed tipped me off on a gem of an item. If the standard Temperpedic and down comforter aren't offering all the sleep security you need, perhaps you need a slight upgrade to the Quantum Sleeper. Apparently, the mattress and casing will protect you from everything a Happy Fun Ball won't. Just look at a few of the offerings
- Bulletproof Plating
- Bio-chemical Filtered Ventillation System
- Cover and Door with Emergency Release
- One-way see through head cover (with reflective mirror on the other side, naturally)
- Motion Detector, Smoke Detector, Proximity Sensor, etc.
- Air/Water Tight Sealing
- External Remote Control
- Toiletry System
- CD Player, Microwave and Refrigerator (with a DVD hook-up)
- CB and Short-wave Radio
- and it's also Fire Resistant
Sound perfect for a certain paranoid loved one? The company's current estimate is that the bed will set you back $135,000. I'm guessing that doesn't include sheets. Link via the always great G4.