Friday Happy Hour: Thanksgiving Weekend Buffet
For everyone stuck at work or hiding at a relative's house today, a few questions to ponder as you run out the clock.
1) I recently met a guy named Frasier. He was roughly 22, so of course I had to ask. "Did your parents actually name you after Frasier Crane?" Indeed they did. They loved Cheers and loved Diane's boyfriend Frasier, but never thought he'd still be on TV through their son's high school graduation. So here are my questions: a) What's your name, and who are you named after? b) For whom did you name your kids? c) Do you know any amusing naming stories like Frasier's?
2) As I've mentioned before, I have no celebrity friends. Mangesh is close (he's huge in Bangalore). And David Israel is a renowned author. But the only photographic evidence of my brushes with fame comes from a 1990 trip to Iowa City. I was 11. I found this picture of me with legendary Iowa Hawkeyes coach Hayden Fry while rummaging through my parents' basement. (I feel this should be more prominently displayed.)
Do you have any strange pictures with famous people? What's the story?
3) What book that hasn't yet been turned into a movie would you like to see on the big screen?
4) Since it's Black Friday, and people were lined up outside Kohl's at 4am and Circuit City at 2am (I've heard -- those are key sleep hours for me), let me ask about extreme shopping. Have you ever waited in line outside a store before it opened? I'm not just talking about Kohl's on Black Friday. Concert tickets? New albums? Playoff tickets for the Utah Jazz? (And don't forget our big 'Spend $100, get 25% off' sale!)
5) What's your favorite wine?
6) We're starting our search for spring semester interns very soon. If you were in charge of the hiring process, and could only ask candidates one question to determine their worthiness, what one question would you ask?
That's all for today. If you've answered these and still need something to do, check out all our previous episodes of the Friday Happy Hour series.