1. Reading is still the top leisure activity for Americans. Or at least Americans who participate in Harris Interactive polls. Let's do an impromptu survey of our own. What are your top 3 leisure activities?
2. What would be the strangest topic for a mental_floss quiz? (If it's a good topic, and we use it, we'll send you a free t-shirt. Think hard and think quirky.)
3. Growing up, my family never went around the table announcing why we were thankful. But on sitcoms, this Thanksgiving tradition is often a source of humor. If this was something your family did, what's the strangest thing a relative ever gave thanks for?
4. Back in 1996, in a shameless resume-building exercise, I ran a successful campaign for Senior Class President. The position was largely ceremonial, with two notable exceptions. First, my name was carved onto the Gavel of Leadership, a strange statue that rests proudly in the display case across from the main office. (I guess that's pretty ceremonial as well. There was, in fact, a ceremony. Yellow roses and candles were somehow involved. I'm not making this up.)
Second, I entered into a de facto agreement to plan and execute all future reunions. In 2002, by the power vested in me, I declared our five-year unnecessary. But I had no such luck this time around. Our ten-year reunion is next week. Anyone have any good reunion stories? Anyone want crash it?
5. I know I've asked this before, but I'm in research mode. If you have a BlackBerry, have you had problems actually getting phone calls?