NOTE: This weekend challenge has been completed. If you'd like to guess the clues just for fun, go ahead, then see here for the answers and the name of this weekend's winner.
InÂ WGC #4, we provided some (awful!) Skewed Clues to nations of the world. Always ones for abuse, we've brought them back once more. Below are 12 Skewed Clues to the names of foreign nations. The object is simple: Guess which country is being referred to in each clue. We'll start you off by giving you the answer to #1, one of the easier ones... "Where criminals head?" would be "Congo," Get it? Con-go? Good. Here we go:
1. Where criminals head?
2. Where to "spare a dime"?
3. Where ringing's a breeze?
4. Where mechanical men desire?
5. Where there's hard water?
6. Where Seagulls live?
7. Where you'd find Duke-NJ?
8. Where you can do this "on"?
9. Where you can keep talking?
10. Where they split your two legs?
11. Where a Teletubby would live?
12. Where... Okay, "shells"?
When you've figured them all out (or think you have), leave a comment to this post with your 12 numbered answers. You only get one shot, so be careful. The first with all correct (or the one with the most correct by Monday) will win a T-shirt!
FOUR IMPORTANT NOTES:
- One entry per player, please.
- At the end of your post, write which T-shirt you want from the store (click the link to browse the styles)
- Comments are moderated, so they won't show up until we release them. The correct answers (and the winner's name) will be revealed first thing Monday morning.
- Due to the "esoteric" nature of this puzzle, your answers must match ours to win the prize, even if you have an alternate answer you think is valid. That said, if you've got a really hilarious and plausible answer that doesn't match ours, you just might get a shirt out of that too.