It's time for another whimsical Tuesday Turnip search wherein I type a random phrase and we see what kind of interesting factoids "turn-up."
- There are 70 million weblogs on the web
- There are about 120,000 new weblogs created each day, or 1.4 new blogs every second
- There are 3000-7000 new splogs (fake, or spam blogs) created every day
- Bloggers create 1.5 million posts per day, or 17 posts per second
- Japanese is the #1 blogging language at 37%; English is second at 33%; Chinese third at 8% and Italian fourth at 3%
- Farsi a newcomer in the top 10 at 1%
- One interesting item to note in April 2007, the number of blogs in the top 100 most popular sites has risen substantially. During Q3 2006 there were only 12 blogs in the Top 100 most popular sites.
- In Q4, however, there were 22 blogs on the list -- further evidence of the continuing maturation of the Blogosphere. Blogs continue to become more and more viable news and information outlets. For instance, information not shown in our data but revealed in our own user testing in Q1 2007 indicates that the audience is less and less likely to distinguish a blog from, say, nytimes.com -- for a growing base of users, these are all sites for news, information, entertainment, gossip, etc.