Are you ready to use your genius to win a T-shirt? See how well you perform at our 'State' College brain game.
Below are five numbered entries. Each entry is an alphabetical list of states that are unique in some way; they have something specific in common. You try to figure out what that "something" is. It might have to do with geography, symbols, history or cities, but could be anything at all.
The key word is "only." An example entry: Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon. The answer? They're the only states whose names begin with the letter "O." Easy, huh? Well, they're not all that easy!
When you've figured out all five answers, post them in a comment. (Comments are moderated, so they won't show up until we release them, but they'll appear in the order you sent them.) The first person to come up with all five correct answers wins a T-shirt from the mental floss store. Good luck!
1. Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oklahoma.
2. Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin.
3. Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Tennessee.
4. Delaware, Hawaii, Indiana, Oklahoma.
5. Arizona, California, Nevada, North Carolina, Texas.
UPDATE: We have a winner! If you still want to figure out the puzzle, don't scroll down to the comments. Once you've figured them out (or given up) compare your answers to Comment #11 to see the correct answers. And feel free to comment if you'd like to see more mental_floss puzzles!Â Â Â -Sandy