It's time for another whimsical Tuesday Turnip search wherein I type a random phrase and we see what kind of interesting factoids "turn-up."
Today I typed in "Elvis was famous for" unearthing the following (note how little of it pertains to his music or movies!):
- Elvis will sing three songs and you'll receive a satin scarf as a souvenir -- just like the ones Elvis was famous for handing out at his concerts.
- Did Elvis bring bags of money? Absolutely not. Elvis never carried cash. Either I would write a check or, if I wasn't there, somebody else would write the check and Elvis would sign it. If we were in Memphis the dealerships would just send the bill to the house at Graceland. Regarding the dealers throwing themselves at him, Elvis was famous for buying cars, not just one, and the minute they knew he was coming into the dealership they'd swarm around like mad. Elvis never asked for a discount, never even asked the price. He just said, "OK, I'll take that car." And then one of us would negotiate the price and take it from there.
- This lovely lady decided years ago to carry on the charitable work that Elvis was famous for.
- I know Elvis was famous for his love of fried peanut butter sandwich. What was in them and how are they made?
- Elvis was famous for his love of the food he grew up with in the poverty stricken South. Sloppy Joes were a regular item on the Presley table, as were barbecue pork pizzas. Burgers were another of his culinary weak spots, but the dish for which he is most famous is the artery-clogging fried peanut butter and banana sandwich. In fact, it is claimed that for one period of seven weeks, he ate nothing else.
- Elvis was famous for his generous gifts of Cadillacs to his friends and family.
- Elvis was famous for shooting his TV when something he didn't like was on.