Need a job this semester?
We're looking for a few good interns. Smart people with whom we can brainstorm, research and write wildly entertaining stories.
Here are the rules:
1. You should be a college student.
2. You should be a very good writer.
3. You should be an all-star when it comes to research.
4. You should be willing to perform your duties for either college credit or a small stipend. This job could make you famous, but won't make you rich.
5. You should not be a pain in the a** to work with. This is probably the most important rule. Any sign of diva-ness will not help your candidacy.
If you think you have what it takes, send me an email by Friday, September 7th, to argue your case. I will then send you the writing/research task on which you'll be ultimately judged. If you're in school in the NYC area, you would occasionally work from our office. But we're not against you working remotely.
InternJason (at right) has set an extremely high standard for intern performance. Here are some of his greatest hits (and a guide for what you'll be doing):
We're also open to designer and programmer interns. We don't have a hastily assembled five-part list of rules for either of those positions. Just send along your resume and a little about yourself. I'm disabling comments on this one, so email your submissions.