It's time for another whimsical Tuesday Turnip search wherein I type a random phrase and we see what kind of interesting factoids "turn-up."
Today I typed in "comprised less than 50 percent," unearthing the following:
- Many of the juice beverages use colorful pictures of oranges and orange groves despite being comprised of less than 50 percent juice.
- A mineral processing facility must meet the following criteria: Operation uses feedstock that is comprised of less than 50 percent scrap materials. The 50 percent rule applies to all materials entering a process operation that contain the mineral value rather than all materials entering the operation irrespective of function.
- This marks the first time in 20th century history that locally generated school revenues comprised less than 50 percent of total lower education spending
- By 1980, property taxes comprised less than 50 percent of school revenues for most school districts nationally
- The dollars from gaming grease the wheels, but since 1996, they have comprised less than 50 percent of [Las Vegas's] income.
- While Uighurs made up more than 80 percent of Xinjiang's population in 1941, by 1998 they comprised less than 50 percent"¦
- In the early part of the present century the English-speaking Caucasian will be a minority in America, comprising less than 50 percent of the population.
By comparison, I also thought I'd show the difference in the search when I type in "containing less than 51 percent" - one word and one percentage off (Yes, it's a Turnip Twist folks!):
- [Snausages Snawsomes ingredients include]: Dried Cheese Product. A goulash of milk derivatives containing less than 51 percent actual cheese.