Happy Left-handers Day to 10% of our readers! As the son of a lefty, I've always been hyperaware of you freaks (Joking!), and have always been convinced that you are, as the word goes, more creative and artistic. So what's the best and worst thing about being a lefty? Enlighten us -- the other 90% of the world -- would you please.
Meanwhile, here's a list of cool left-handed facts, courtesy of LeftHandersDay.com:
- 4 of the 5 original designers of the Macintosh computer were left-handed
- 1 in 4 Apollo astronauts were left-handed - 250% more than the normal level.
- Most left-handers draw figures facing to the right.
- There is a high tendency in twins for one to be left-handed
- Stuttering and dyslexia occur more often in left-handers (particularly if they are forced to change their writing hand as a child, like King of England George VI).
- Left-handers adjust more readily to seeing underwater.
- Left-handers excel particularly in tennis, baseball, swimming and fencing
- Left-handers usually reach puberty 4 to 5 months after right-handers