Like us on Facebook
August 7, 2007 - 12:47am
It's time for another Tuesday Turnip wherein I type a random phrase and we see what kind of interesting factoids "turn-up."
Today I typed in "unprecedented record" unearthing the following
- The film [Seopyeonje] documented the traditional music of Korea with beautiful scenery and became one of those films that every Korean had to see. Just in Danseong Theater, the film was screened for a record-breaking 196 days, attracting 1,035,000 people and becoming the first film to bring in over one million audiences. This record is broken yet again after a few years by director Kang Je-gyu's [Swili]. The film was released around Lunar New Year's Day in 1999 and attracted 2,450,000 audiences just in Seoul, setting an unprecedented record in Korean film history.
- May 21, 2003--Univision Music Group, the country's leading Latin music label, set a new and unparalleled record in Latin music history with six of the top ten most sold Latin albums in the U.S. and Puerto Rico according to Nielsen SoundScan's latest Report.
- In a very tight market, one rate record after another was set for offshore vessels this spring. Two Solstad vessels, the "Normand Master" and the "Normand Neptun", set an unprecedented record this decade when they were chartered in April to oil company Total at GBP 65,000 per day.
- An unprecedented record by any standard, eKur has been able to design over 430 professional websites for Iraqi private and public organizations in a 19 months period.
- Setting an unprecedented record in having a hit single each year throughout the 90's, singer Mariah Carey cemented her status as a pop diva, joining the likes of Madonna and Whitney Houston.
- New York Harbor 06/05/07 - The World Record Academy has officially recognized the Brown brothers for their use of "a flats boat - the Intruder 21" in a daring adventure covering (1547 miles) into the open Atlantic Ocean. Their journey started from Atlantic Beach, NC.,April 30, 2007 with with a charted course to Bermuda, arriving May 2nd, then onto New York Harbor using only one boat, "a flats boat - the Intruder 21." This unprecedented record, has a few other unique characteristics - Ralph Brown is the developer of this particular "flats boat "“ the Intruder 21" - From start to finish, this daring challenge was "unescorted" "“ carrying their own fuel and depending upon their own seaworthiness.