Oh very young: what will you leave us this time?
An 18 year-old girl from Long Beach is now the youngest person to have climbed Mt. Everest. She made the climb with her father, and you can read about her experience on her blog. Props to you, Ms. Larson! Now she can feel free to move on to a different kind of acclimatization: freshman orientation. And here's a list of some other young notables:
- Arfa Karim Randhawa, 10, youngest person to be certified as a Microsoft engineer; she met Bill Gates and asked him "why children were not allowed to work for Microsoft"
- Alexander Stone, 4 years, 301 days, youngest person to wear dentures
- Mark Sinclair, 24 years, 356 days, youngest person to complete a marathon on all seven continents
- Andrew Cooney, 23, youngest person to walk to the South Pole
- & please don't forget Jordy, 4 1/2, the youngest singer to have a #1 charted single (you know you were singing it: "Dur dur d'Ãªtre bÃ©bÃ©")
Please chime in if you want to share your favoriteÂ precocious troubadours.Â