Today's Word Wrap keeps on with our tradition of bringing you the hippest, most happening new words and phrases being coined, as they're coined... well, okay, with at least a 5-second delay.
Today's sparkling entries, as usual, are brought to you by the good folk over at wordspy.com
- shoefiti (shoo.FEE.tee) n. One or more pairs of shoes tied together by the laces and dangling from a powerline or other type of overhead wire. (Citations)
- newpeat n. A repeat that is slightly different from the original. (Citations)
- climate porn n. Extreme or alarmist language or images used to describe the current or future effects of man-made climate change. Also: climate pornography. (Citations)
- photolurker n. A person who obsessively and anonymously browses strangers' photos posted to online photo-sharing sites.
—photolurking pp. (Citations)
- bitcom n. A short, sitcom-style video available over the Internet. (Citations)
- celeblog n. A blog written by a celebrity; a blog devoted to a particular celebrity or to celebrity news and gossip. Also: celeb blog. —celeblogger, celeb blogger n. (Citations)
- carnography (kar.NOG.ruh.fee) n. Writings, films, images, or other materials that contain scenes of carnage or other types of violence. [Blend of carnage and pornography.] Also: carno (cf. porno). (Citations)