March 27, 2007 - 4:29am
It's time for another whimsical Tuesday Turnip search wherein I type a random phrase and we see what kind of interesting factoids "turn-up."
Today I typed in "one of the worst in history" unearthing the following:
- The 1980 famine in Karamoja, Uganda was, in terms of mortality rates, one of the worst in history. 21% of the population died, including 60% of the infants
- John McCain said Monday former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld will be remembered as one of the worst in history.
- Many critics view Reagan's administration as one of the worst in history for organized labor.
- The riot at the State Penitentiary in Santa Fe during February 1980 will be remembered as one of the worst in history.
- The March 12-13, 1888 blizzard, one of the worst in history, dropped 21 inches of snow in New York City with 70 mph winds
- Their first season went down as one of the worst in history as they finished 40-120 and were sarcastically known as the "Amazin' Mets"
- This person's hosting of the 1995 Oscars was labeled as one of the worst in history.
- The 2004 hurricane season was arguably one of the worst in history.
- The MyDoom virus has caused more than $38.5 billion in economic damage so far, making it one of the worst in history