It's time for another whimsical Tuesday Turnip search wherein I type a random phrase and we see what kind of interesting factoids "turn-up."
Today I typed in "Einstein quotes" unearthing the following words of wisdom from the Master (most via this page):
- Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.
- If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.
- Imagination is more important than knowledge...
- Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- The ideals which have lighted my way, and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Kindness, Beauty, and Truth. The trite subjects of human efforts, possessions, outward success, luxury have always seemed to me contemptible.
- The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
- Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater.
- Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
- Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.
- Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
- I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax.
- If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.
- You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war.