I'm not exactly sure how stationary biking relates to helping families of slain police officers. But that doesn't make me any less impressed. George Hood of Aurora, Illinois, turned his now legendary stamina into over $25,000 for the Illinois chapter of COPS (Concerns of Police Survivors).
He peddled for 1,083 miles and burned 27,854 calories. His heart rate averaged 98 beats per minute and 81 was his average RPM.
Here are a few other time or distance world records:
- Longest Duration Standing On One Foot: Arulanantham Suresh Joachim, 76 hours, 40 minutes
- Longest Tattoo Session: Glen Keizer & Paul Blackhall, 42 hours, 10 minutes
- Longest Backwards Motorcycle Ride: Swedish Army Lions, 17.5 km
- Longest Shuttlecock Control With Feet: Li Huifeng, 4 hours, 37 minutes
- Longest Handcuffed Swim: Matt Frame, 5.8 km
- Longest DJ Set: DJ Buddy Love, 80 hours, 5 minutes
- Longest Running TV Drama: Guiding Light, 1952-present