Happy New Year flossers! We're back blogging again this week and since many of you probably had to drag yourselvesÂ out of bed after hitting snooze 5 or 6 times,Â I thought I'd kick things off with some hangover-related facts I learned in a LiveScience article this morning:
- Hangovers cost U.S. businesses $148 billion every year (workers taking sick days or performing poorly)
- Drinking caffeinated drinks or taking a cold shower will not reduce your risk of a hangover. It may make you feel more awake for a bit, but that's about it.
- Alcohol-related traffic fatalities are often twice as high on New Years Eve as they are almost any other night during the winter.
- Do not take Tylenol or any other painkiller that contains acetaminophen. The combination of this drug and alcohol is toxic to the liver.
- So what does work? Studies have shown that fruits and fruit juices do actually decrease the intensity of hangovers.
Check out the rest of the article here. Again, Happy New Year!