8 Things you might not believe about Bob Barker
Since news of Bob Barker's retirement has no doubt sent the world into a state of shock, I decided to cull some "facts" about the legendary Price Is Right game show host from wikipedia. I haven't had time to double check this, but apparently the Internet has him down for living a pretty incredible life.
- He attended Drury College in Missouri on a basketball scholarship.
- He served in the Navy as a fighter pilot.
- He graduated summa cum laude in economics?!
- As an animal rights activist, he stopped The Price is Right from giving out fur coats as prizes (and has forbidden the airing of past shows that included them).
- In 1987, Bob was one of the first game show hosts to let his hair go grey, leading the way for Monty Hall and Alex Trebek.
- At 83, Barker has the record for being the oldest man to ever host a game show, and the oldest man to have hosted a weekday television program.
- He has appeared on Futurama, Family Guy and The Bold and the Beautiful.
- He trained and earned a black belt with Chuck Norris, and practiced martial arts daily?
- He's been on television now for 50 years!
Click here to read the entire entry at Wikipedia.