Cinema stumper: Match the movie with its gory death scene
It seems that humans are rarely more ingenious than when they're devising new ways to torture and kill one another, as detailed in yesterday's post on ancient methods of execution. Except, that is, when they're devising new ways of killing and torturing one another in the movies. Match as many of the following gory death scenes with the movie titles that correspond to them for a virtual high-five, and possibly a virtual talking-to from my mother, who thinks splatter flicks aren't "edifying." (Whatever, Mom.)
THE DEATH SCENE
1. 47 zombies are liquified by a man wielding a gasoline-powered push-mower.
2. A girl is magically turned into a cockroach, then trapped in a roach motel and crushed.
3. Various people are chewed up by a homicidal laundry-folding machine.
4. A gentleman has his head bitten off by a killer rabbit.
5. An accident-prone character blows up when he tries to ignite his fart.
6. A man ages hundreds of years in ten seconds.
7. Someone is fed into a wood chipper.
8. A lady of the evening has a live chainsaw dropped on her.
9. A clothes iron is pressed against a man's chest, boiling his heart.
10. The gym teacher is bisected by the gym's basketball hoop.
11. A nerd drinks from a radioactive water fountain.
12. A prominent Scientologist actor is propelled by a deactivated atomic bomb over a supply of burning fuel for a helicopter right as it explodes during a train crash.
13. Shot through the glasses by Tsarist troops.
14. A character is decapitated with a sword while speaking. The severed head flies through the air, lands several feet away, finishes the sentence and dies.
After the jump: the films
B. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
C. Broken Arrow
D. American Psycho
E. Peter Jackson's Brain Dead, AKA Dead/Alive
F. Aguirre, the Wrath of God
G. Class of Nuke 'em High
H. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
I. The Mangler
J. Layer Cake
K. The Battleship Potemkin
L. South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut
M. Nightmare on Elm Street IV: the Dream Master