Don't look stupid on Sunday
Like us on Facebook
March 31, 2006 - 6:43am
And I'm not talking aboutÂ simply remembering to set your clock ahead an hr. Here's your cheat sheet:
- There's no 's' at the end of Saving, so it's Daylight Saving Time - not Savings Time.
- This year will be the first time since the early 1970s that the state of Indiana has observed Daylight Saving Time. Some counties observed it in the past but most did not.
- Ben Franklin was one of the first to suggest the idea but it wasn't until WWI that Daylight Saving was actually put in place, to help save energy.
- China has only one time zone, meaning light and dark hours are very different on the east and west sides of the country. Crazy.
- Check out the Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) site. Prepare to be hypnotized by the ticking clock.
- As the site will tell you, GMT remains the same all year.