On Fridays, I post a series of unrelated questions meant to spark conversation in the comments. Answer one, answer all, respond to someone else's reply, whatever you want. On to this week's topics of discussion...
1. Most sequels are not very good, or at least not as good as the thing that made people decide another installment was necessary. But surely there have been sequels you like better than the original. And don't just think about movies: books, albums, New Coke, Queen Elizabeth II, what have you.
2. Today is National Ask a Stupid Question Day! Hallmark says so. Apparently it was started years ago to encourage kids to raise their hands in school. What is the stupidest question you've ever been asked?
(For me, it was during my stint as an A&P cashier/Tuesday Night Front End Manager. Like 50 questions come to mind, but I'll go with the time an angry man with legitimately red eyes asked how much plum tomatoes cost at a Shop Rite three towns away. I wanted to shake him.)
3. What's the last book you bought someone as a gift?
4. Our servers are still reeling from Chris Higgins' masterful "Did Blowing Into Nintendo Cartridges Actually Work?" He's open to answering any tech-related questions that have been bugging you for decades. Got any?
5. Do you have a question for your fellow _flossers? The floor is yours. Have a great weekend!
Looking for entertainment this weekend? Download the new Split Decision app!